A lot of the artifacts and stuff that we found have come from Castle Dome Mining District.
Many of the artifacts have been found in the Castle Dome
mining district. The Stone Cabin collection are items that
belonged to the sisters, Flo and Billie who ran the cafe
and gas station on Hwy.95 from 1953-1988. Mining
tools, such as ore buckets, ore cars, an elevator, a warning
bell, winches, a turntable, forge and stamp mill and other large tools were left
Carmelita's Cantina has some of the last primitive mining tables built by miners from the 1800's .The mercantile is full of the last remaining food cans from the 1800's from Castle Dome. The old carbide cans and powder boxes are from Castle Dome.
The machine shop has the original lathe and shaver that came through here in 1905 . The Saw shop has a couple hundred original local saws. Many of
the old bottles from the local brewers bore the names - Cooper, Hawkins. The bottles were recycled. They were
sent back to the family whose name was stamped on the bottom, filled and ready
for another round. Some items have come back home via donations; for example, a few bunkbeds from the original bunk house, and tools that belonged to Lyman Wall, Castle Dome's last legitimate miner..
The Buildings of Our City
All Loaded with Artifacts from the Era
Adams Cabin |
Dentist Doctors Office
Lyman Walls Display Room
Bunkhouse Shower House
Castle Dome Museum|
Castle Dome Mine Rd. Yuma, AZ
Phone 928 920-3062 - Email us